Municipal Regulation of Wireless Telecommunication Facilities in the Public Right of Way: Guidance for Counsel
Zoning Challenges and Interplay Between Federal, State, and Local Laws
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the interplay of federal and state law with local laws regulating wireless facilities, the latest trends in the types of wireless technologies that companies are seeking to install in the public right of way (ROW), and best practices for municipalities for zoning and regulation related to the siting of wireless telecommunication facilities in ROWs.
- Current trends in the types of wireless technologies requesting access to municipal ROWs
- The interplay of federal and state law with municipal regulation of wireless facilities
- Best practices for municipal attorneys related to the siting of wireless telecommunication facilities in ROWs
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the issues counsel to local governments must consider in determining whether a wireless telecommunications facility can be installed in a public ROW?
- Can local governments restrict installation of wireless telecommunications facilities in ROWs?
- What are some best practices for municipal attorneys drafting zoning and other regulations governing the installation of wireless telecommunications facilities in ROWs?
Andrew W. McCardle
Best Best & Krieger
Mr. McCardle handles a variety of regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters related to the telecommunications... | Read More
Mr. McCardle handles a variety of regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters related to the telecommunications industry. He provides assistance to local governments to reach effective solutions to their legal and policy issues. Mr. McCardle has significant experience analyzing federal regulations and legislative actions that impact broadband networks and communities.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/02/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/02/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H