Municipal Ransomware Attacks: Legal Planning for Vulnerabilities, Strategies for Protection and Response
Cost Shifting Through Vendor and Consulting Agreements, Insurance
This program has been cancelled
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will alert municipal counsel to the high risk and extremely costly threat of ransomware attacks, explain strategies to respond to an attack, and outline steps to reduce the likelihood and mitigate the cost of such an attack. This panel will focus on what lawyers can do to help support cyber preparedness and response strategies.
- Ransomware attacks
- The extent of attack (limited or total)
- Frequency and lack of a limit on target size and type
- Ransom payments
- Arguments for
- Arguments against
- Prevention and mitigation of cost
- Contractual provisions with software, hardware, and consulting service providers
- System set up issues
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- How counsel to local governments can guide clients in planning for, avoiding, and minimizing the impact of ransomware attacks
- Factors for and against paying a ransom
- Advance steps to minimize the risk and impact of an attack
Roy E. Hadley, Jr.
Adams and Reese
For more than 30 years, Mr. Hadley has been a trusted advisor to high growth businesses, governments, and... | Read More
For more than 30 years, Mr. Hadley has been a trusted advisor to high growth businesses, governments, and family/closely held businesses. His practice, which is international in scope, includes advising clients worldwide on complex corporate transactions, particularly those involving technology, cybersecurity, life sciences, economic development, telecommunications, outsourcing and intellectual property.Close
to be announced.