Municipal Management of Cellphone Towers, DAS, and Small Cell Deployments
Regulating Placement, Protecting Rights of Way, and Leasing Sites and Structures
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to identify and address complex issues relating to small cell and traditional cell tower applications and leases, zoning regulations, and revenue considerations. The panel will focus on regulatory compliance and negotiating and structuring site leases and franchises. The panel will also review the May 2020 Declaratory Ruling and Notice of Proposed Rulemaking related to the deployment of 5G networks, which clarifies, among other things, the meaning of "substantial change" in physical attributes and boundaries of a cell tower "site."
- The FCC's new small cell order: what it means for your community's regulatory authority
- Why did the FCC take action?
- How did it define small cells?
- What steps did it take to limit local authority?
- The small cell order: what it means for leases of public property
- The effect of the order on fees/accessibility
- What terms and conditions should you be including in leases?
- Declaratory ruling and notice of proposed rulemaking dated May 2020
The panel will review these and other highly relevant issues:
- Strategies local government counsel should consider when drafting cell tower site leases
- Unique challenges concerning cell tower site applications and leases presented by DAS and other new technology
- Factors to consider in determining whether to renew existing leases for placement of towers on municipal property
- Updates on federal laws, regulations, and state legislation governing small cell and tower deployments
Gail A. Karish
Best Best & Krieger
Ms. Karish’s practice focuses on telecommunications, assisting clients in California and across the country with... | Read More
Ms. Karish’s practice focuses on telecommunications, assisting clients in California and across the country with a wide range of regulatory and transactional matters involving broadband and fiber networks, cable and telecom franchising, wireless communications and public-private partnerships.Close
Gerard L. Lederer
Best Best & Krieger
Mr. Lederer serves as legislative counsel to TeleCommUnity and is a well-known advocate for public and private property... | Read More
Mr. Lederer serves as legislative counsel to TeleCommUnity and is a well-known advocate for public and private property owners regarding issues of law and policy arising from federal and state communications legislation and regulation. He developed the first model license agreements for access to buildings and rooftops to help telecommunications service providers and property owners protect their interests.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 11/06/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 11/06/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H