Multiple Points of Use: Applying for State Sales Tax Exemptions and Refunds
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will explain what products and services qualify for multiple points of use (MPU) reporting in specific states. Our panel of state and local tax experts will discuss appropriate and beneficial sourcing methods, applying for exemptions of MPU purchases, and the process of receiving refunds of prior sales tax paid in individual states.
- Multiple points of use (MPU): introduction
- Products and services qualifying for MPU exemptions
- Sourcing options
- State approaches to exemptions
- Applying for refunds
- Practical application in specific states
- New York
- Other states
- Best practices
Our panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Selecting beneficial and practical methods for sourcing MPU assets
- Applying for a Massachusetts sales tax refund under TIR 22-8
- Identifying products and services that qualify for MPU exemptions
- Applying for a refund of previously paid MPU taxes in specific states
Ms. Choi has over 16 years of multi-faceted tax experience providing State and Local Tax consulting services to... | Read More
Ms. Choi has over 16 years of multi-faceted tax experience providing State and Local Tax consulting services to U.S. and international businesses. She assists companies in identifying tax savings and implements tax planning strategies to minimize sales, use, gross receipts, and state income (franchise) tax burden.Close
Mr. Stephen has over 14 years of experience providing state and local tax services. His primary focus is sales and... | Read More
Mr. Stephen has over 14 years of experience providing state and local tax services. His primary focus is sales and transaction taxes, and Washington gross receipts tax.Close
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.
Cannot Attend October 6?
CPE credit is not available on downloads.