Motions in Limine in Employment Litigation: Navigating Key Evidentiary Issues in Discrimination and Wage/Hour Claims
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide expert guidance on the strategic use of motions in limine in employment litigation. Our panel will help counsel for plaintiffs and defendants alike spot recurring issues and show how well conceived and appropriately crafted motions in limine can ensure that critical evidence is excluded or admitted at trial.
- Recurring evidence issues in employment litigation
- Bringing motions in limine
- Opposing motions in limine
- Preserving an issue for appeal after losing a motion in limine
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What timing considerations should counsel take into account when filing motions in limine?
- What steps should counsel take to preserve an objection for appeal following the denial of a motion in limine?
- What categories of evidence may warrant a motion in limine seeking to admit evidence?
- How can counsel leverage motions in limine to obtain dispositive rulings?
- How should motions in limine be drafted and presented to the Court?
Alex W. Craigie
The Law Offices of Alex W. Craigie
After 10 years as a Partner at a leading national law firm, Mr. Craigie launched his own practice with the aim of using... | Read More
After 10 years as a Partner at a leading national law firm, Mr. Craigie launched his own practice with the aim of using the skills and experience he gained representing Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes lawsuits throughout the nation to help small companies prevent, manage and resolve employment disputes. A recognized thought leader in employment law and trial tactics, he regularly lectures to business and human resources organizations on employment law topics.Close
Steven J. Pearlman
Mr. Pearlman is Co-Head of the firm's Whistleblowing and Retaliation Group and focuses on defending complex... | Read More
Mr. Pearlman is Co-Head of the firm's Whistleblowing and Retaliation Group and focuses on defending complex employment litigation involving claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation; wage and hour laws; breach of contract; and restrictive covenants. A sought-after commentator on a range of legal issues, Mr. Pearlman has presented alongside the Solicitor of the DOL, appeared on Bloomberg News, and is regularly quoted in leading publications such as The Wall Street Journal.Close
Mr. Rosenman is an experienced litigator whose practice particularly emphasizes labor and employment litigation and... | Read More
Mr. Rosenman is an experienced litigator whose practice particularly emphasizes labor and employment litigation and counseling on behalf of employers. In the course of his litigation and employment law practice Mr. Rosenman represents clients in a broad variety of actions, including FLSA, discrimination, retaliatory, and wage and hour claims, among others. He also frequently represents employers before the EEOC and DOL.Close