Motions in Limine: Admitting Key Evidence, Educating the Court, Capturing Settlement Leverage
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will offer counsel new appreciation of the power and versatility of motions in limine to alter the course of litigation. The panel will guide counsel in how to use them proficiently and proactively to not only obtain rulings on critical pieces of evidence but also to educate the court and glimpse the strengths and weaknesses of opposing parties. The panel will also address best practices when responding to "boilerplate" and bespoke motions.
- Overview of motions in limine
- Standards for determining
- Effect of grant or denial
- What constitutes the "offensive" or proactive use of motions in limine
- Strategic considerations
- Timing of the motions
- Best practices in drafting motions
- Crafting the scope of relief
- Responding to motions in limine
The panel will review these and other issues:
- When should counsel consider the plaintiff's use of motions in limine?
- When is the best time to submit the motions?
- How can the movant make the court's ruling easier?
- What can counsel learn from the opposing parties' case from their responses?
Robert H. McKirgan
Practice Group Leader, Partner
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
Mr. McKirgan practices primarily in the area of business, intellectual property and bankruptcy-related litigation. He... | Read More
Mr. McKirgan practices primarily in the area of business, intellectual property and bankruptcy-related litigation. He is an experienced trial lawyer and has successfully tried numerous jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations, including obtaining winning jury verdicts for clients in fraud, breach of fiduciary and copyright infringement actions.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 11/20/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 11/20/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H