Mixed-Use Developments: Lessons Learned From Recent Deals
Zoning, Financing, Community Buy-In, and Other Legal Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will outline best practices for overcoming the current legal challenges facing developers, builders, and the mixed-use development team when undertaking mixed-use projects. The panel will provide valuable insights on how to capitalize on the opportunities of mixed-use development.
- Mixed-use development overview
- Lessons learned from success/designing successful mixed-use projects
- Obtaining project entitlements
- Common interest issues
- Drafting issues
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What legal issues should be considered when designing mixed-use development projects?
- What are the current zoning and subdivision issues that developers and builders encounter when seeking project entitlements?
- What are some effective strategies for partnering with local and state governments to build mixed-use projects?
- What drafting issues need to be addressed in mixed-use developments?
- What practical issues should be considered when planning a mixed-use development?
Robert M. Diamond
Mr. Diamond has practiced real property law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for 38 years, with... | Read More
Mr. Diamond has practiced real property law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for 38 years, with special emphasis on preparing documents for condominiums, planned communities and mixed-use projects, negotiating warranty and construction defect claims, representing community associations and litigating association-related issues in state and federal courts.Close
Nancy T. Scull
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton
Ms. Scull's focus is on the representation of commercial, industrial, retail and residential developers in all real... | Read More
Ms. Scull's focus is on the representation of commercial, industrial, retail and residential developers in all real property transactions. She advises lenders, borrowers, and guarantors on loan documentation, workout and loan enforcement issues, and has a special expertise in mixed use projects, condominium projects and Bureau of Real Estate regulatory matters. She represents numerous publicly held developers, urban high-rise and mixed-use developers, and developers of master planned communities in developing and processing projects and implementing programs to minimize liability.Close