Mixed-Use Condominium Developments: How to Structure, Negotiate, and Draft Documents
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a review of critical legal challenges and approaches for structuring documents for condominiums and other common interest regimes in mixed-use projects. The panel will discuss difficult legal issues involved in the governance of these projects.
- Condominium regimes: benefits and risks
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting condominium documents and governance
- The residential component of mixed-use projects
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- Evaluating the benefits and challenges of using condominium regimes as compared to more traditional legal structures, such as legal subdivisions, air rights estates, reciprocal easement agreements, and ground leases.
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting the mixed-use condominium documents to address inevitable core issues, including association governance and control, decision making and dispute resolution, expense sharing, use restrictions and rights, mortgagee protections and protections for commercial unit owners.
- Master Condominiums, FHMA, and similar requirements, and tax accounting issues.
- Creating the residential component of a mixed-use project - protecting all parties, balancing residential rental and for sale units, or conversely, limiting future conversion to residential for-sale units, and if applicable, public offering statement disclosures and disclaimers.
- Planning for transition, protecting against rescission of purchase agreements, and minimizing future warranty claims.
Ashley E. DeLuca
Ms. DeLuca focuses her practice on all aspects of transactional real estate work, including the acquisition,... | Read More
Ms. DeLuca focuses her practice on all aspects of transactional real estate work, including the acquisition, disposition, and development of retail, industrial, office, multifamily, hotel and condominium properties, and the representation of landlords and tenants in the leasing of retail and office space.Close
Philip B. Korb
Mr. Korb is well known for his work in real estate development, real estate acquisitions and financings, real estate... | Read More
Mr. Korb is well known for his work in real estate development, real estate acquisitions and financings, real estate taxation, leasing, condominium and planned community development, workouts, and general real estate matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H