Mitigating Cybersecurity Litigation Risks: Polices, Procedures, Service Providers, Notification, Damages
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide practical solutions for corporate counsel to mitigate potential cybersecurity class action risks. The panel will discuss how businesses should implement policies, procedures, and training to limit data security breaches and what steps companies can take with service providers to reduce the time between incident detection and notification. The panel will also address how damages can be limited in class action litigation.
- Cybersecurity class actions
- Mitigating risks
- Technical preventative measures
- Legal preventative measures
- Policies, procedures, and training
- Service provider agreements
- Notification requirements
- Other means to limit damages
- Class certification
- Recent SCOTUS decision
- Mitigating risks
The panel will discuss these and other key topics:
- How can counsel best prepare for a data security breach?
- With multiple state privacy laws, how can counsel create a compliance program, and what policies and procedures should be included?
- How can agreements with service providers limit liability in a data breach?
- What does the recent SCOTUS decision imply regarding certifying future classes?
Ian C. Ballon
Mr. Ballon represents Internet, technology, entertainment companies and social networks in internet-related... | Read More
Mr. Ballon represents Internet, technology, entertainment companies and social networks in internet-related litigation including copyright, trademark, trade secret and rights of publicity litigation and defense of privacy and behavioral advertising class action suits. He authored the five-volume treatise, E-Commerce and Internet Law: Treatise with Forms 2d edition (West 2009) and the earlier first edition.Close
Kristin L. Bryan
Squire Patton Boggs
Ms. Bryan is a data privacy and cybersecurity litigator experienced in the resolution of complex disputes. She has... | Read More
Ms. Bryan is a data privacy and cybersecurity litigator experienced in the resolution of complex disputes. She has represented clients nationwide before state and federal trial and appellate courts and in arbitrations and mediations.Close