Minimizing FCPA Risks When Seeking Foreign Investments: Risk Assessments, Due Diligence
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to companies seeking or considering pursuing foreign investment or partnerships. The panel will discuss the FCPA risks, the importance of risk assessments, and how to conduct the assessment. The panel will also discuss how companies can minimize the risk of an FCPA investigation/enforcement action.
- FCPA Risks of Foreign Investments and Partnerships
- Conducting Effective FCPA Due Diligence on Foreign Investment Partners and Third Party Facilitators
- Performing Proactive FCPA Risk Assessments of Foreign Investment transactions
- Strategies to Minimize the Risk of an FCPA Investigation/Enforcement Action Arising from Foreign Investment Transactions
The panel will review these and other essential questions:
- What FCPA risks may arise when seeking foreign investments?
- What cost-effective strategies can companies employ to reduce FCPA risks when seeking foreign investments or partnerships?
- What are the unique FCPA risks of different types of third parties?
Brent C. Carlson
Mr. Carlson helps companies in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, internal investigations, and interim... | Read More
Mr. Carlson helps companies in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, internal investigations, and interim management roles. He regularly conducts FCPA due diligence and risk assessment engagements for companies with operations and acquisition targets around the world, and has served as interim compliance monitor during post-acquisition integration.Close
Edward J. Fishman
Mr. Fishman has substantial expertise with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), export control and other U.S. laws... | Read More
Mr. Fishman has substantial expertise with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), export control and other U.S. laws that apply to business activities outside the country. Mr. Fishman has conducted global internal investigations relating to the FCPA, internal fraud, auditor independence and financial accounting irregularities for a variety of public and private companies. He also provides structuring and risk management advice on transportation projects and has handled several public-private partnership (P3) and joint venture transactions.Close