Minimizing Capital Gains on Residence Sales: Sec 121 Ownership and Use Tests, Partial Exclusions, Rental Property
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will discuss ways to avoid and minimize capital gains tax on the sale of a residence. Our income tax expert will discuss partial exclusions, use and ownership tests, renting before and after living in a primary residence, and calculating and reporting the Section 121 exclusion.
- Section 121 exclusion
- Partial exclusions
- Determining basis
- Exceptions to the two out of five rule
- Sales after renting
- Sales after office in home
- Installment sales
- Section 1031 like-kind exchange
- Other considerations
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Circumstances qualifying for partial exclusion under Section 121
- Dissimilar tax consequences of renting your property before or after it was your residence
- Calculating depreciation recapture for office in home
- Determining basis and cost of sale deductions
Anderson Business Advisors
Mr. Mathis is a founding partner of Anderson Law Group and current manager of Anderson’s Las Vegas office. He has... | Read More
Mr. Mathis is a founding partner of Anderson Law Group and current manager of Anderson’s Las Vegas office. He has helped Anderson grow its practice from one of business and estate planning to a thriving tax practice and national registered agent service with more than 18,000 clients.Close
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.