Mineral Rights in Real Estate Transactions: Title, Development and Financing Concerns
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will examine real estate development and financing issues that arise with mineral rights and how to balance the interests of surface and mineral rights holders. The panel will discuss provisions in mineral rights leases and conveyance instruments that can impact surface rights, implied surface rights, and title issues which counsel must address.
- Mineral rights generally—ability to own separately from surface property
- Surface rights—express and implied
- Key provisions of mineral rights leases and other conveyance instruments which can impact property owners
- Resolving surface rights issues to allow for development, operation, financing
- Surface rights agreement
- Title insurance—suggested endorsements
The panel will address these and other key issues:
- Which provisions in mineral rights leases and conveyance instruments most impact development and financing?
- Is the right of surface access implied by the mere conveyance of mineral rights and how is such a right defined?
- What are the key provisions to include in a surface rights agreement?
- How might title insurance be used to resolve development and financing issues?
Frascona Joiner Goodman and Greenstein
Mr. Grey focuses his practice on real estate transactions and oil and gas matters. He represents buyers, sellers, real... | Read More
Mr. Grey focuses his practice on real estate transactions and oil and gas matters. He represents buyers, sellers, real estate agents, builders, and developers in a variety of real estate transactions. He advises clients on matters concerning buy/sell contracts, construction contracts, assignments of leases, party wall/HOA arrangements, warranty agreements, and easements/rights of way. Within the oil and gas industry, he represents start-up oil and gas companies in the acquisition of leasehold and well interests in the Rocky Mountain region. He advises clients in the negotiation and interpretation of oil and gas leases, purchase and sale agreements, and joint operating agreements. He represents operators, land service companies, mineral buyers, and landowners, but also real estate clients searching for comprehensive representation from the surface to the center of the earth.Close
Elias Books Brown & Nelson
Mr. Hinton practices primarily in the area of mineral title examination.| Read More
Mr. Hinton practices primarily in the area of mineral title examination.Close