Michigan's Corporate Income Tax: Latest Developments
Navigating the Latest Transitional Legislation and Administrative Guidance
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will analyze the legal and regulatory guidance to date on Michigan's new corporate income tax, providing tax executives and advisors with a much-needed current awareness briefing to anticipate issues for their companies.
- Latest legislation implementing corporate income tax
- Long list of technical corrections or fine-tuning bills
- Treasury Department guidance
- Material terms of new corporate income tax under implementing legislation (House Bills 4361 and 4362)
- Quarterly corporate income tax return (Form 4913) and instructions
- Key state tax compliance and planning issues going forward
- Choice of corporate income tax or MBT tax base
- Different approach to apportionment
- Tax credits: Whether to preserve current credits
The panel will explore these and other significant events:
- Review of recent or anticipated Treasury Department guidance.
- Analysis of the numerous technical corrections bills, and which terms may affect your company.
- Treasury interpretive guidance on withholding and other topics.
- An overview of the corporate income tax enabling legislation.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
His practice covers general tax law including federal and state tax litigation for corporations, partnerships and LLCs,... | Read More
His practice covers general tax law including federal and state tax litigation for corporations, partnerships and LLCs, with a particular interest in Michigan taxes. He previously led the firm's Tax Practice Group and is a frequent writer and speaker.Close
She is assigned to the firm's State and Local Tax Practice and has 17 years of tax practice at Grant Thornton, a... | Read More
She is assigned to the firm's State and Local Tax Practice and has 17 years of tax practice at Grant Thornton, a Big Four firm and in private industry. She has extensive experience with state income and franchise taxes.Close