Mexico's New Anti-Corruption Laws and Implementing Regulations: Private Entities and Individuals in the Crosshairs
Understanding Key Provisions, Ensuring Compliance and Mitigating Legal Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar is designed to prepare counsel of companies doing business in Mexico to understand the demands of the country’s new anti-corruption reforms and implementing regulations. The panel will outline effective compliance strategies to minimize anti-corruption risks under the new laws.
- Mexico’s new anti-corruption laws and implementing regulations
- Key provisions
- Distinctions between the new reforms and the FCPA
- Enforcement of the anti-corruption laws
- Best practices for compliance—what companies should do now
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Who is covered by new laws as a result of Mexico’s anti-corruption reforms?
- How do these new laws differ from the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA")?
- What types of procedures are advised to mitigate liability under the new regime?
- What steps can companies take to minimize corruption risks under Mexico’s anti-corruption reform?
Miller & Chevalier
Mr. Ellis has extensive experience in all areas of international anti-corruption compliance and enforcement. With a... | Read More
Mr. Ellis has extensive experience in all areas of international anti-corruption compliance and enforcement. With a focus on the Americas, he advises companies and individuals on all areas of FCPA enforcement and compliance. He has performed complex, independent, and on-site internal investigations in over 20 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Africa.Close
Von Wobeser & Sierra
Mr. Sierra heads the firm’s Anti-Corruption practice in tandem with his active commercial litigation and... | Read More
Mr. Sierra heads the firm’s Anti-Corruption practice in tandem with his active commercial litigation and international arbitration practice. He advises global Fortune 500 companies and financial institutions in the United States and Mexico in FCPA investigations and due diligence matters. He has handled several high-profile anti-corruption matters concerning cross border investigations. He has guided clients through FCPA focused due diligence, and has helped them crafting and executing policies, internal controls and training programs.Close