Medical Staff Credentialing: Minimizing Liability Arising From Negligent Credentialing and Physician Lawsuits
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare healthcare provider counsel on procedures healthcare entities should follow in medical staff credentialing, privileging and peer review. The panel will explain the consequences of failing to meet the standards and will outline best practices for mitigating liability.
- Negligent credentialing case law
- Joint Commission standards on focused and ongoing performance monitoring
- Defending against a corporate negligence claim
- Best practices to minimize liability for negligent credentialing
- Preventative steps
- Pay for performance
- Maximizing confidentiality protection under peer review statute
- Measures to ensure confidential treatment of collected data and reports
- Other forms of remedial action
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the critical policies and procedures for healthcare entities to minimize liability for negligent credentialing?
- What are the professional criteria that healthcare entities should require physicians to meet as the basis for granting initial or renewed clinical privileges?
- What protections should healthcare providers have to keep peer review records from public scrutiny?
Associate General Counsel
Ms. Hoffman focuses on healthcare transactions and regulatory matters. Prior to joining Emory's Office of General... | Read More
Ms. Hoffman focuses on healthcare transactions and regulatory matters. Prior to joining Emory's Office of General Counsel, she was an associate with the law firms of King & Spalding and Parker, Hudson, Rainer & Dobbs, where she represented healthcare providers in compliance and reimbursement matters, False Claims Act litigation, government investigations, and regulatory disputes. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association.Close
Robert C. Threlkeld
Morris Manning & Martin
Mr. Threlkeld has substantial experience in Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse matters, managed care disputes,... | Read More
Mr. Threlkeld has substantial experience in Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse matters, managed care disputes, false claims and whistleblower cases, certificate of need matters, licensure and medical staff disputes. He represents hospital systems, physician practice groups and other healthcare providers in a range of regulatory matters, and regulatory and business disputes.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H