Medical Staff Bylaws: Pandemic and Compliance Updates
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare healthcare counsel to advise and guide healthcare providers, medical staff, and hospitals working towards medical staff bylaws compliance with Joint Commission standards, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) requirements, and other applicable federal and state laws.
- Impact of the pandemic and updating bylaws
- CMS/Joint Commission medical staff standards
- National Practitioner Guidebook impact on bylaws
- Best practices
Ms. Snelson will review these and other key questions:
- What are potential pitfalls in amending and approving revised bylaws--and what strategies can hospitals and medical staff employ to overcome them?
- What should bylaws address to better prepare for disasters?
- How can bylaws improve Data Bank compliance?
Elizabeth A. (Libby) Snelson, Esq.
Legal Counsel for the Medical Staff
Ms. Snelson represents medical staffs, medical societies and physician interests across the country. Her practice areas... | Read More
Ms. Snelson represents medical staffs, medical societies and physician interests across the country. Her practice areas include medical staff bylaws, credentialing and clinical privileges, disruptive behavior issues, peer review, and other matters. Ms. Snelson has nearly 20 years of experience working with medical staffs, medical societies and medical staff professionals, and is a frequent author and lecturer on medical staff bylaws, among other issues.Close