Medical Staff Bylaws: Complying With CMS, NPDB and Joint Commission
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare healthcare counsel to advise and guide healthcare providers, medical staffs and hospitals working towards medical staff bylaws compliance with Joint Commission standards, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) requirements, and other applicable federal and state laws.
- CMS/Joint Commission medical staff standards
- National Practitioner Guidebook impact on bylaw
- Best practices
Ms. Snelson will review these and other key issues:
- What potential pitfalls could be encountered in amending and approving revised bylaws—and what strategies can hospitals and medical staffs employ to overcome them?
- What are some ways to limit the need for hearings?
- How can bylaws improve Data Bank compliance?
Elizabeth A. (Libby) Snelson, Esq.
Legal Counsel for the Medical Staff
Ms. Snelson represents medical staffs, medical societies and physician interests across the country. Her practice areas... | Read More
Ms. Snelson represents medical staffs, medical societies and physician interests across the country. Her practice areas include medical staff bylaws, credentialing and clinical privileges, disruptive behavior issues, peer review, and other matters. Ms. Snelson has nearly 20 years of experience working with medical staffs, medical societies and medical staff professionals, and is a frequent author and lecturer on medical staff bylaws, among other issues.Close