Medical Practice Transfers and Closings: Addressing Medical Records Issues
Custodial Arrangements, Record Retention, Maintenance and Access
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide healthcare counsel on issues with medical records when a medical practice is being transferred or is closing. The panel will discuss what should be done up front to comply with legal and professional standards as well as the impact doing so has on the sale. The panel will also address what happens if the parties fail to resolve medical record issues and significant problems that could arise.
- Addressing medical records issues up front in medical practice transfer or closing
- Significant medical records issues in the sale/transfer
- Consequences of failing to address medical record issues up front and problems that could arise
The panel will review these and other pivotal issues:
- What problems can arise if parties fail to resolve medical record issues at the front end of a healthcare transaction?
- What medical record issues are particularly important to address?
- What strategies should counsel employ regarding medical records when structuring healthcare transactions such as sale or consolidation of a physician practice?
Rick L. Hindmand
Mr. Hindman focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory, data privacy, cybersecurity, corporate, and... | Read More
Mr. Hindman focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory, data privacy, cybersecurity, corporate, and transactional matters. He represents physicians and other healthcare providers and organizations in structuring group practices, joint ventures, medical device companies, as well as physician/hospital alignment strategies and involvement in accountable care organizations (ACOs). He also assits healthcare providers and businesses with potential compliance challenges, including compliance with the Stark physician self-referral law, federal and state anti-kickback laws, and corporate practice and fee-splitting restrictions.Close
Gerard Nussbaum, JD, MS, CPA, CMA, RCDD
Mr. Nussbaum is an experienced strategic adviser and healthcare executive with mastery of digital health, information... | Read More
Mr. Nussbaum is an experienced strategic adviser and healthcare executive with mastery of digital health, information technology, healthcare operations, legal and regulatory issues; deep experience in information technology strategic planning, technology system acquisition and implementation, regulatory compliance programs, merger and acquisition planning and execution; and is a frequent public speaker and author. He has provided leadership and expertise to academic medical centers and health sciences entities, health systems, community hospitals, children's hospitals, specialty cancer care providers, healthcare startups, and health industry vendors clients in many areas.Close