Medical Cannabis: Regulatory Compliance, FSMB Guidelines, Standard of Care, Liability
Balancing Patient Rights, Therapeutic Benefit, Compliance With Divergent State and Federal Law, Risk of Loss of Reimbursement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide healthcare counsel on medical cannabis issues related to hospitals, long-term care facilities and other healthcare providers. The panel will examine the current status of legalization, standard of care, regulations and federal guidance, and potential liability, among other issues.
- Current status of legalization
- State laws
- Federal laws, rules and guidance
- Use of medical marijuana in clinical care
- Liability issues
- CMS guidance
- FSMB guidelines
- Standard of care issues
- Patient possession and use of medical marijuana
- Medical cannabis policies and procedures
- Other healthcare providers
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is the current status of cannabis for medical use under federal and state laws?
- What guidance has the CMS provided on the Medicare conditions of participation for hospitals?
- What restrictions are there on physician relationships with the cannabis industry? What potential liability do physicians face under state law?
Neville M. Bilimoria
Mr. Bilimoria advises healthcare clients on corporate and litigation matters and counsels hospitals, health systems,... | Read More
Mr. Bilimoria advises healthcare clients on corporate and litigation matters and counsels hospitals, health systems, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, physicians, physician groups, pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies on a variety of issues, including healthcare corporate transactions, healthcare fraud and abuse, compliance issues, telemedicine, HIPAA and state health privacy law issues, regulatory compliance, and resulting litigation. A frequent author and speaker on healthcare topics, he is the past Chair of the Chicago Bar Association's Health Law Committee and was a Professor for Rush University Medical Center’s Graduate Program in Health Systems Management.Close
Alison T. Rosenblum
Ms. Rosenbluem practices in the area of health law. She is a frequent author and presenter on a number of healthcare... | Read More
Ms. Rosenbluem practices in the area of health law. She is a frequent author and presenter on a number of healthcare law topics, including medical cannibas utilization in healthcare facilities. Ms. Rosenblum is a 2014 cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School, where she was co-chair of One Day's Work, a student-funded public interest fellowship, and a line editor for the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology. She is also a graduate of Yale University.Close