Medicaid Planning: Spousal Refusal and Other Alternative Options, Asset Limits, Required Notice, Pitfalls to Avoid
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide an in-depth analysis of those states utilizing spousal refusal in Medicaid planning and other alternatives for Medicaid qualification. The panel will also highlight strategies for spousal refusal, determining when and how such a tactic impacts Medicaid qualification, and the processes and documentation involved, as well as offer methods to avoid common mistakes and pitfalls.
- Analyzing the spousal refusal strategy
- Spousal Refusal and Dissolution of Marriage
- Other options to maintain Medicaid eligibility
- Best practices for counsel, applicants, and community spouse
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the benefits and downsides of spousal refusal as a tactic for Medicaid eligibility?
- What are the processes and requirements for using spousal refusal for Medicaid planning?
- What are the state law challenges of utilizing spousal refusal?
- What other options are available for Medicaid planning and long-term care?
- How can qualified promissory notes be used with community spouses?
- Using promissory notes and the impact of spousal refusal options
Burner Prudenti Law
Ms. Burner, Esq. is a partner at Burner Law Group, P.C., a boutique law firm concentrating in the areas of Elder Law,... | Read More
Ms. Burner, Esq. is a partner at Burner Law Group, P.C., a boutique law firm concentrating in the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, and Real Estate. Serving clients from New York City to the East End, she has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, and an Outstanding Woman in Law by Hofstra University. Ms. Burner serves as Vice Chair of the Elder Law and Special Needs Planning section of the New York State Bar Association. She also serves as a Charter member of the Advisory Council of the Katz Institute for Women’s Health at Northwell.Close
Patrick D. Quarles
Mr. Quarles practices in estate planning, asset protection, probate, landlord tenant, pre-litigation, and civil... | Read More
Mr. Quarles practices in estate planning, asset protection, probate, landlord tenant, pre-litigation, and civil litigation. He brings his personal experiences to handle your matters with care and empathy.Close