Medicaid Planning and Funding for Long-Term Care: Eligibility Rules, Asset Protection Strategies, LTC Insurance
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide elder law attorneys an in-depth analysis of common and more advanced techniques for Medicaid planning and funding long-term care. The panelist will discuss resource and income eligibility, issues regarding IRAs and annuities, asset protection trusts, long-term care insurance, and critical planning techniques.
- Long-term care planning
- Levels of care
- Funding in-home care
- Funding nursing home care and Medicaid limitations
- LTC insurance
- Other funding options
- Medicaid eligibility
- Resource eligibility
- Income eligibility
- IRAs and annuities
- Other key items impacting eligibility
- Recent Medicaid updates and best practices for elder law attorneys
The panelist will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the sources of long-term care funding and their limitations?
- What are the Medicaid eligibility requirements for nursing home coverage?
- How can long-term care insurance be used and what are the limitations?
- How do transfers, gifts of assets, and purchase of exempt assets factor into Medicaid planning?
- What are the recent Medicaid updates and best practices for elder law attorneys?
Evan H. Farr, CELA, CAP
Farr Law Firm
Mr. Farr is one of the top U.S. experts on Medicaid asset protection and related trusts. A Certified Elder Law... | Read More
Mr. Farr is one of the top U.S. experts on Medicaid asset protection and related trusts. A Certified Elder Law Attorney and Super Lawyer (Virginia and DC Metro), he is a frequent speaker and author on the topics of Medicaid Planning, Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts, and Special Needs Trusts, and is the creator of the Living Trust Plus™ Asset Protection System used by dozens of attorneys across the U.S.Close