Medicaid Asset Rules and Pitfalls to Avoid: Transfers, Conversions, Asset Limits, Level of Care, Exempt Assets
Look Back Periods, Transfers and Gifts of Assets, Purchase of Exempt Assets, Conversion of Assets into Noncountable Assets
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide elder law attorneys an in-depth analysis of the Medicaid assets, transfers, and conversion rules, common challenges, and methods to overcome them. The panel will discuss strategies for navigating asset limits, level of care requirements, lookback periods, purchase of exempt assets, converting assets into noncountable assets, and more.
- Medicaid eligibility criteria
- Transfers and penalties
- Asset conversions
- Medicaid trusts and taxes
- Best practices for elder law attorneys
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the Medicaid eligibility requirements?
- What are the asset limits, level of care, and lookback periods?
- How do transfers, gifts of assets, and purchase of exempt assets factor into Medicaid planning?
- How can you convert assets into noncountable assets?
- What are the key considerations for Medicaid trusts and tax implications?
- What is the Medicaid penalty period for improper transfers?
Laura M. Brancato
Ms. Brancato focuses her practice on elder law, medicaid planning, estate litigation and planning and special education... | Read More
Ms. Brancato focuses her practice on elder law, medicaid planning, estate litigation and planning and special education advocacy and litigation.Close
Brian L. Miller
Mr. Miller is an attorney who assists clients with various aspects of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Estate... | Read More
Mr. Miller is an attorney who assists clients with various aspects of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Estate Litigation, Medicaid Planning & Applications, and Guardianship.Close