Media Management Strategies in Litigation
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the immense importance of how publicity and media attention can influence litigation and public opinion and how attorneys acting as counsel or as commentators in these cases can maximize the advantages while avoiding jeopardizing their standing and reputations while advancing the interests of their clients. The program will also cover the role of public relations professionals and related legal issues.
- What to consider before accepting a high-profile case
- Understanding the media
- Professional journalists
- Amateur bloggers, influencers
- What the media wants from attorneys
- Managing and delivering the message
- Access to the client by the media outlets
- Ethics issues
- Conflicts with other clients
- Fair and impartial hearing
- Publication rights between client and attorney
- Social media/pandemic
The panel will review these and other issues:
- Are communications with public relations, media strategy firms hired, and litigation consultants privileged?
- What are the risks and benefits of media attention?
- What should attorneys know about how each form of media operates and its motives?
- What are the legal ethics challenges facing counsel in a case with heavy press coverage?
- How can the defense mitigate negative publicity?
Daniel M. Gilleon
The Gilleon Law Firm
Mr. Gilleon focuses his practice on personal injury law, wrongful death, employment law, business litigation... | Read More
Mr. Gilleon focuses his practice on personal injury law, wrongful death, employment law, business litigation and civil rights. He is a an experienced plaintiff's civil trial attorney, and a recipient of the “Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award” given to him by peer attorneys. His extensive trial experience has led to several significant verdicts. He is often called on as a legal analyst and commentator by ABC, NBC, CBS and the Fox Network, where many of his cases have received expansive coverage.Close
President & CEO
Mr. Jones is the President & CEO of AlwaysON PR, INC., a boutique, intellectual, entertainment talent and public... | Read More
Mr. Jones is the President & CEO of AlwaysON PR, INC., a boutique, intellectual, entertainment talent and public relations firm with a laser focus on media exposure, branding and marketing through different mediums.Close