Mastering Form 8582 Passive Activity Loss Reporting: An Advanced Program on Calculations, Grouping and Tying to 1040
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This course will provide tax advisers with an advanced guide to calculating and allocating passive activity losses. The panel will go beyond the basics on the passive activity rules and will offer a comprehensive, practical guide to mastering the complexities of calculating passive activity losses for reporting. The panel will review preparing schedules for tracking loss restrictions, carryforwards, and grouping and allocating losses among multiple passive activities.
- Identifying passive activities to be reported on Form 8582
- Material participation rules
- Management and investment activities
- Rental activities
- Grouping rules and available elections
- Real estate professional
- Practical considerations
- Form 8582
- NIIT reporting issues
The panel will explore such topics as:
- Completing Form 8582 Worksheets
- Properly coding passive activities, including real estate professional substantiation
- Reporting passive activity losses from publicly traded partnerships
- Grouping disclosure rules and regrouping activities to potentially meet the material participation standards for non-passive activity
- NIIT calculations and exclusions
John T. Alfonsi, CPA
Cendrowski Corporate Advisors
Mr. Alfonsi has 25 years of tax consulting, business valuation, litigation support and forensic accounting experience.... | Read More
Mr. Alfonsi has 25 years of tax consulting, business valuation, litigation support and forensic accounting experience. In the tax planning and consulting arena, he works primarily with partnerships and with private equity, venture capital and hedge funds.Close
to be announced.
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.
Cannot Attend June 29?
CPE credit is not available on downloads.