Markman Hearing Strategies, Claim Construction in a Post-AIA PTAB Environment and the Impact of Recent SCOTUS Decisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide patent counsel with guidance on the preparation for and the conducting of Markman hearings. The panel will examine key considerations from claim selection to timing to the use of experts. The panel will offer effective strategies to navigate the claim interpretation process.
- Selecting claims and claim elements
- Preparing for the hearing
- Key considerations
- Experts and technical advisors
- Special master
- Conducting the hearing
- Impact of the AIA on Markman hearings and claim construction
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What steps should patent counsel take in preparation for a Markman hearing?
- What are the pros and cons of conducting the Markman hearing early in litigation? Or late in litigation?
- What guidance can be drawn from recent court decisions for claim construction in district court?
- What impact could AIA procedures have on the patents in question in Markman hearings?
Rando Law Firm
Mr. Rando’s professional experience spans over 25 years as a federal civil litigator. Primarily, his... | Read More
Mr. Rando’s professional experience spans over 25 years as a federal civil litigator. Primarily, his experience has been focused on the litigation of patent infringement and IP disputes. Mr. Rando is experienced in a wide range of technologies, including computer hardware and software, biotechnology products, medical devices, and alternative energy products, among others. He has served as a Patent Special Master in numerous cases involving complex patent law issues.Close
Kevin P. Wagner
Faegre Baker Daniels
Mr. Wagner’s practice focuses on patent litigation and other complex intellectual property matters for clients... | Read More
Mr. Wagner’s practice focuses on patent litigation and other complex intellectual property matters for clients both large and small. He has litigated throughout North America, Europe and Australia, and has won preliminary injunction orders, summary judgment orders, jury trials and appeals. He is a frequent author and lecturer on intellectual property issues and litigation strategy.Close