Managing Trademarks in International Trade: Protecting, Clearing, and Enforcing Trademarks
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to companies doing business internationally on IP rights in international trade and the infringement challenges. The panel will examine the administrative protection, clearance, and enforcement of trademark rights in the international trade environment. The panel will discuss importers' opportunities and challenges that arise at the intersection of trade and IP.
- Trademarks overview
- Current trends in trademark theft and enforcement
- CBP’s regulatory framework for trademark infringement and enforcement
- Trademark enforcement relief options and mitigation strategies
- U.S. right holder strategies for protecting and enforcing trademarks at home and abroad
- U.S. importer of record best practices for clearing and managing third party trademarks in conjunction with inbound cargo
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What steps can counsel take to pursue legal action to stop trademark infringing products?
- What remedies are available to importers following a trademark-based seizure?
- What best practices should counsel employ for managing trademarks in international trade?
Robert M. Kossick
Harris Bricken Sliwoski
Mr. Kossick is a Board Certified International Attorney, Licensed Customs Broker, and Certified Export Specialist whose... | Read More
Mr. Kossick is a Board Certified International Attorney, Licensed Customs Broker, and Certified Export Specialist whose practice focuses on the planning, compliance, enforcement, and security dimensions of U.S. import and export transactions. With over twenty years of professional experience, he brings seasoned, specialized, and multicultural know-how and perspective to the analysis and resolution of customs and trade issues.Close
Frederic (Fred) Rocafort
Harris Bricken Sliwoski
Mr. Rocafort leads Harris Bricken’s intellectual property practice and is the coordinator of the firm’s... | Read More
Mr. Rocafort leads Harris Bricken’s intellectual property practice and is the coordinator of the firm’s international team. He is dedicated to helping businesses from around the world and across industries protect their brands as they grow. Many of Mr. Rocafort’s clients operate in spaces that constitute new frontiers for IP law, such as cannabis, psychedelics, and Web3. Prior to joining Harris Bricken, he worked overseas for more than a decade, in both government and private sector roles. Mr. Rocafort is a regular commentator on brand protection matters and serves as an expert witness on IP-related cases.Close