Managing Parallel Criminal and Civil Environmental Enforcement Actions in Light of New DOJ Policy
Coordination of Corporate Resolution Penalties; State and Federal Investigations; Due Process; Double Jeopardy
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide environmental counsel involved in representing clients in simultaneous or successive investigations by criminal, civil, administrative or legislative authorities arising out of the same set of overlapping facts. The panel will offer best practices for dealing with concurrent actions and provide insights on cost-effectively formulating a successful defense strategy and minimizing client exposure.
- Recent parallel enforcement actions and related civil litigation
- Double jeopardy and collateral estoppel
- Best practices for managing parallel proceedings
- Fifth Amendment due process considerations
- Weighing options
- Additional tips and considerations
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- What are the most effective tools for defending parallel proceedings?
- What factors inform the strategic choices when defending a client faced with coinciding actions or investigations?
- How can counsel best ensure that information revealed in a criminal proceeding does not adversely impact a civil proceeding or vice versa?
David T. Buente, Jr.
Mr. Buente is co-leader of the Firm’s Environmental group and represents clients in complex environmental... | Read More
Mr. Buente is co-leader of the Firm’s Environmental group and represents clients in complex environmental litigation and rulemaking matters, with an emphasis on Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act, CERCLA (Superfund) and RCRA, environmental criminal and toxic tort litigation. Building upon his 15 years as an environmental prosecutor, including at the Department of Justice (DOJ) where he served as Chief, Environmental Enforcement Section, corporations turn to him for representation in complex federal environmental enforcement matters with DOJ and EPA and in defending toxic tort claims by states and private parties.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/08/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/08/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H