Managing Confidentiality Risks in Arbitration
Best Practices to Protect the Privacy of the Proceedings and Documents
A special 60-minute briefing
Recording of a 60-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will review current trends related to confidentiality in arbitration and will suggest steps parties should take to protect the privacy of the proceedings and related documents.
- Confidentiality of arbitration — current trends and state of the law
- Rules affecting confidentiality in arbitration
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Best practices to protect privacy
- Closed-door proceedings
- Confidentiality provision in arbitration agreement
- Choice of law provision in arbitration agreement
- Confidentiality order from arbitrator
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How do state laws and the various arbitration rules address the issue of confidentiality?
- What safeguards should arbitrators and arbitration counsel put in place to help ensure that arbitration proceedings and documents remain private?
- What language should the parties include in the arbitration agreement to help protect the confidentiality of the proceedings?
Stanley P. Sklar
Executive Director for Arbitration Studies
DePaul University College of Law Center for Dispute Resolution
He has been an arbitrator and mediator in real estate and construction disputes. He has chaired panels concerning... | Read More
He has been an arbitrator and mediator in real estate and construction disputes. He has chaired panels concerning claims in excess of $10 million on several large complex case panel matters. He is a member of the AAA Large Complex Case Panel for Commercial and Construction Disputes and AAA Construction Arbitration Master Panel.Close
Steven C. Bennett
He focuses on domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration. He regularly speaks to a wide array of... | Read More
He focuses on domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration. He regularly speaks to a wide array of groups and has written several articles on arbitration.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio