Managing Change in Long-Term Commercial Agreements: Provisions for Mitigating Risk, Preserving Contractual Durability
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will offer guidance to counsel on managing change in long-term commercial agreements. Our panel will discuss strategies for incorporating risk-mitigating provisions for unforeseen changes, procedural considerations for documenting and implementing changes, and recommendations for structuring adaptive measures that preserve the parties’ contractual intent.
- Change management in long-term agreements
- Anticipated changes
- Unforeseen changes
- Emergency changes
- Procedural considerations
- Mandatory contractual changes
- Permissive contractual changes
- Documentation and implementation
- Dispute resolution and management
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- How can parties effectively negotiate and implement change management mechanisms in a long-term transaction?
- What are the procedural considerations to limit parties’ exposure for changed conditions?
- What measures should counsel consider to manage disputes that may arise from failed change management procedures?
Michael (Mike) Cortez
Mr. Cortez’s practice is focused on construction related transactions, including large, complex energy... | Read More
Mr. Cortez’s practice is focused on construction related transactions, including large, complex energy procurement and construction projects, design and construction contracts, project risk management and lien and bond claims. He has represented owners, developers, architects, contractors and EPC’s on a wide variety of construction projects. Mr. Cortez has significant experience representing clients in drafting and negotiating complex construction contracts under multiple project delivery systems. He served as outsourced project counsel with the largest engineering and construction company in the U.S., where he negotiated downstream procurement and service agreements, subcontracts and financial security agreements, related to a large, complex international LNG project for a leading global energy company.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H