LLC Opinion Letters: Minimizing Preparer Liability Risks
Using the Supplemental TriBar LLC Opinion Report to Guide Opinion Practice
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide strategies for drafting LLC opinion letters, using the TriBar LLC Opinion Supplemental Report as a guide. The panel will discuss the potential liabilities involved in rendering opinion letters and best practices for counsel to reduce risk in providing opinion letters.
- Preparing LLC opinion letters
- Issuance of LLC interests
- Admission of purchasers of LLC interests as members of the LLC
- Obligations of purchasers of LLC interests to make payments and contributions to the LLC
- Personal liability of purchasers of LLC interests to third parties
- Potential risks of liability and protections for opinion preparer
- Duties of the opinion giver
- Cost/benefits analysis
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- How will the Supplemental TriBar LLC Opinion Report impact opinion letter practice?
- What types of LLC deals generally require an opinion letter?
- What are the critical due diligence steps for counsel preparing LLC opinion letters to minimize risks and liabilities?
Robert W. Barron
Mr. Barron has significant experience with real estate asset and financing transactions, corporate acquisition and... | Read More
Mr. Barron has significant experience with real estate asset and financing transactions, corporate acquisition and disposition transactions, and business and debt restructurings.Close
Michael J. Gorby
Gorby Peters & Associates
Mr. Gorby has tried hundreds of cases and handled thousands of matters for corporations and individuals across the... | Read More
Mr. Gorby has tried hundreds of cases and handled thousands of matters for corporations and individuals across the United States throughout his three- decade legal career. His practice focuses on Insurance Coverage Disputes, Commercial Litigation and Liability for Owners and Managers of Property. Mr. Gorby is also a certified mediator.Close