Litigating Dog Bite Claims Against Dog Owners and Third Parties
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide attorneys representing clients injured by dogs. The panel will discuss identifying all possible defendants, finding insurance coverage, using animal control laws to plaintiff’s advantage, special issues with child victims, and practical strategies to maximize recovery.
- Recent trends in dog bite and attack claims
- Claims and theories of liability; common defenses
- Plaintiff strategies
- Finding insurance
- Finding additional defendants
- Government defendants
- Using animal control laws
- The “pit bull” problem
- Confirmation process when victim is child
- Structured settlements
- Flaws of strict liability laws
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Who are often overlooked defendants in dog bite cases?
- How can plaintiffs find insurance coverage for damages?
- How can animal control laws be leveraged in dog bite cases?
- What defenses are often raised in dog bite cases?
Kenneth M. Phillips
Law Offices of Kenneth Morgan Phillips
Mr. Phillips represents dog bite victims and their families. HIs law practice consists entirely of representing... | Read More
Mr. Phillips represents dog bite victims and their families. HIs law practice consists entirely of representing children and adults throughout the USA who have been bitten by a dog, and the families of people killed by dogs.Close
David M. Zagoria
The Zagoria Law Firm
Mr. Zagoria has been practicing law for more than 25 years, serving as a Chief Senior Assistant District... | Read More
Mr. Zagoria has been practicing law for more than 25 years, serving as a Chief Senior Assistant District Attorney before becoming a partner in his own law practice. His firm’s sole focus is representing individuals harmed by the negligence of others particularly dog bite injury cases.Close