Leveraging Receivership as a Bankruptcy Alternative: Financial Restructuring, Disposition of Assets and More
Representing Receivers and Litigating With Receivers in Federal and State Court
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss the benefits of receivership as an alternative to bankruptcy as a vehicle for financial restructuring, disposition of assets, collection of outstanding obligations and enforcement of contracts. The program will also discuss strategies for representing receivers and litigating with receivers in federal and state court.
- Pros and cons of receivership as an alternative to bankruptcy
- Representing receivers
- Litigating with receivers in Federal and State Court
The panel will address these and other important issues:
- What are the key factors in determining whether receivership is a better process than bankruptcy for financial restructuring or disposition of assets?
- What is the scope of the receiver’s powers to facilitate continued operation of a business or protect the business’ assets prior to a sale?
- Without the benefit of the bankruptcy automatic stay, how can the receiver protect the receivership estate from litigation that would interfere with the administration of the estate?
- What are best practices for litigating on behalf of, and against receivers, in state or federal court?
Corey R. Weber
Brutzkus Gubner Rozansky Seror Weber
Mr. Weber represents bankruptcy trustees, creditors, committees of unsecured creditors, assignees for the benefit of... | Read More
Mr. Weber represents bankruptcy trustees, creditors, committees of unsecured creditors, assignees for the benefit of creditors, receivers, municipalities and "clawback" plaintiffs and defendants in contested matters and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy proceedings, and in state and federal court actions. He frequently litigates fraudulent transfer and preference actions, including fraudulent transfer actions in Ponzi scheme cases.Close
Stephen J. Donell, CPM®, CCIM, ARM®
Receiver and President
Since 1990, Mr. Donell has administered and/or been appointed as a federal and state court receiver in hundreds of... | Read More
Since 1990, Mr. Donell has administered and/or been appointed as a federal and state court receiver in hundreds of cases throughout the country. He has extensive experience involving asset and business liquidations, gas stations, restaurants, residential, retail and commercial real estate. He has also administered and/or been appointed in federal court as receiver in U.S. SEC and other government enforcement actions involving business fraud.Close