Leveraging Insurance Reserves in Personal Injury Claims
Presenting a Case, Working With Adjuster, Impact on Settlement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss the role of an insurance company's "reserves" in a personal injury claim. The panelist will discuss why reserves are crucial to the eventual claim resolution and how plaintiff's attorneys can work with insurance adjusters to value the claim at the outset to avoid settlement delays at the end of the case.
- Overview of insurance reserves and how they are set
- Discussion of how plaintiff's attorneys can assist in ensuring that insurance reserves are correctly set pre-suit
- Analysis of how initial reserve-setting impacts settlement at the end of the claim
- Best practices and case management techniques to assist in proper reserves maintenance
The panelist will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are insurance reserves?
- How are insurance reserves set?
- How can plaintiff's attorneys work with insurance adjusters to ensure that insurance reserves are up to date?
- How can a settlement be affected by insurance reserves?
Patrick A. Trudell
Kornfeld Trudell Bowen & Lingenbrink
Mr. Trudell has represented hundreds of people during his career in settlement negotiations, litigation, trials and... | Read More
Mr. Trudell has represented hundreds of people during his career in settlement negotiations, litigation, trials and appeals. In addition to his for-profit practice, he has been recognized by the Washington State Bar Association, King County Superior Court and the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association for his public service work.Close
Mr. Hollenbeck was the managing partner of Hollenbeck and Associates which is the law firm for a major insurance... | Read More
Mr. Hollenbeck was the managing partner of Hollenbeck and Associates which is the law firm for a major insurance company with in-house insurance defense lawyers in Western Washington. He has tried many personal injury cases to verdict. Mr. Hollenbeck has knowledge of the inner workings of how a major insurance company perceives a personal injury case, responds in a personal injury case, and how best to work with an insurance company to maximize value in a personal injury case.Close