Leveraging Demand Letters to Obtain Significant Settlements in Auto Accident Cases
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss strategies for personal injury attorneys to effectively draft and leverage demand letters in auto accident cases to obtain insurer settlements that meet insurance policy limits.
- Best practices for drafting the demand letter
- Timing considerations—when to submit the demand letter
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key considerations for personal injury attorneys drafting demand letters in auto accident cases?
- What are some of the pitfalls personal injury counsel have confronted when drafting and submitting demand letters and how can they be avoided?
- How can counsel use insurer oversights or errors as leverage to increase the settlement amount?
Steven M. Gursten
Michigan Auto Law
Mr. Gursten focuses his practice on serious auto and truck accident injury and wrongful death cases. He frequently... | Read More
Mr. Gursten focuses his practice on serious auto and truck accident injury and wrongful death cases. He frequently lectures at legal seminars throughout the country on trial advocacy, trucking litigation, and traumatic brain injury cases. He has recovered the top-reported jury verdict for a car or truck accident in Michigan for multiple years, according to published reports. He serves as President of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association and a Past Chair of the American Association (AAJ) for Justice Truck Accident Litigation Group.Close
Blake M. Vance
Coplan & Crane
Mr. Vance exclusively represents individuals and families victimized by wrongful conduct. He concentrates his practice... | Read More
Mr. Vance exclusively represents individuals and families victimized by wrongful conduct. He concentrates his practice in plaintiff’s personal injury law, including cases arising from construction negligence, medical negligence, workplace injuries, transportation (automobile, truck and railroad) negligence, premises liability, and the wrongful death of his clients. Mr. Vance has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2017 and 2018 and named as one of 40 under 40 lawyers to watch in Chicago in 2017.Close