Legal Risks When Using Temporary Staffing Agencies: Joint Employment, Worker Classification, Taxes, Benefits
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employers and their counsel on the legal risks of using contingent or leased employees to fill temporary staffing needs. The program will specifically discuss the pros and cons of using contingent workers or professional employer organizations (PEO) and best practices for contracting such services to minimize potential liability.
- Overview of contingent labor and its benefits
- Legal risks of using contingent labor
- Temporary staffing companies in the gig economy
- Recent court cases
- Best practices for drafting contracts for the use of temporary workers
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What is contingent labor and how does it benefit employers?
- What are the legal risks associated with using contingent labor?
- How are the courts handling joint employment issues?
- What are the best practices for employers in contracting with third-party staffing agencies or PEOs?
- How to address joint employment concerns internationally
Andrew (Andy) Boling
Baker & McKenzie
Mr. Boling represents employers and management in various cross-border employment and labor matters. He has represented... | Read More
Mr. Boling represents employers and management in various cross-border employment and labor matters. He has represented companies in litigation involving state and federal employment discrimination laws, wrongful discharge, individual employment contracts, employee disloyalty, compensation and commission disputes, and work-related tort claims. Mr. Boling has also written and lectured extensively on employment law issues.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/01/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/01/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H