Legal Ethics in the Era of Law Firm Mergers and Vereins: Fee-Splitting, Referral, Conflicts and Other Ethical Issues
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the legal ethics issues attorneys and law firms face in an era of increasing firm mergers and growth. The panel will explore vereins and other alternative firm structures, outline the legal ethics challenges these mega firms present--including referral, fee-splitting and cost-sharing issues--and offer best practices for complying with ethical rules as law firms continue to merge, grow and globalize.
- Overview of recent merger activity
- Verein association structure
- ABA Model Rules and alternative firm structures
- Rule 1.5(e): Fees
- Rule 5.4: Professional Independence of a Lawyer
- Best practices for avoiding legal ethics missteps
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What legal ethics issues arise when law firms adopt verein structures?
- What guidance do the ABA Model Rules offer for lawyers in firms with global locations?
- What client disclosures can help attorneys avoid violating Rule 1.5(e)?
O'Rielly & Roche
Mr. O’Rielly, an experienced litigator and trial attorney, advises and counsels California law firms and... | Read More
Mr. O’Rielly, an experienced litigator and trial attorney, advises and counsels California law firms and attorneys on strategic transitions: partner departure law, attorney ethics counsel, and law firm advice and planning. He also handles partnership disputes, litigation, and arbitration.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/01/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 03/01/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H