Key CFIUS Developments: Lessons From Recent CFIUS Decisions and Impact of the CFIUS Overhaul
Preparing for Reviews, Navigating Investigations, and Negotiating and Understanding Mitigation
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to U.S. businesses that are considering accepting foreign investments and foreign companies looking to invest in the United States about how best to address Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) issues. Our speakers will discuss lessons from recent CFIUS decisions, emerging trends, and the impact of the current administration's overhaul of the CFIUS process, including the Pilot Program implementing portions of the new CFIUS law. The panel will offer best practices for companies navigating the CFIUS process in light of recent developments.
- Key CFIUS developments and their implications
- What FIRRMA means for parties
- Trends under the Pilot Program
- Navigating the CFIUS process
- Assessing and assigning the risk
- Strategic deal structuring
- Mitigation negotiation
- Business impacts
- Closing before approval
- Operating with mitigation
- Follow-on transactions and corporate citizenship
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the lessons for counsel from the recent CFIUS decisions, the FIRRMA Pilot Program, and other relevant developments?
- Will it become more difficult to get clearance for acquisitions that raise national security concerns under FIRRMA and the Trump administration?
- What steps should counsel and companies take to comply with the regulations and address potential issues when considering foreign investment opportunities in the United States?
White & Case
Ms. Mildorf is a partner in the firm’s National Security and CFIUS practice, focusing her practice in the areas... | Read More
Ms. Mildorf is a partner in the firm’s National Security and CFIUS practice, focusing her practice in the areas of Exon-Florio reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, foreign ownership, control or influence (FOCI) mitigation, and export control compliance. She has represented clients in nearly 200 CFIUS reviews covering a wide variety of industries and investor countries, and has extensive experience with national security requirements in connection with complex transactions. She advises clients on all matters pertaining to CFIUS reviews, including conducting due diligence, developing and implementing CFIUS strategies, and negotiating CFIUS-related deal terms.Close
Andy M. Walker
Accenture - Strategy
Mr. Walker is a strategy consultant and advisor to clients who are working to understand the business and financial... | Read More
Mr. Walker is a strategy consultant and advisor to clients who are working to understand the business and financial model impacts of the CFIUS requirements, and works with companies post-mitigation program to develop the programs and operating models required by CFIUS and FOCI-mitigation agreements. He has worked with major Telecom, High Tech and A&D clients to set-up special business entities, as well as to make the changes required to pass National Security audits.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 06/21/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 06/21/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H