IRC Section 734 Adjustments: Distributions of Partnership Property
An Advanced Case Study of Calculations and Considerations
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will equip tax professionals with the tools to analyze the impact of a Section 754 election (or lack thereof). The panel will offer a detailed case study and illustration of how to calculate Section 734(b) basis adjustment(s) to assets retained by the partnership after distribution to a partner.
- The mechanics of a Section 754 election
- 163(j), 168(k), and 199A considerations
- Basis adjustments under Section 734(b)
- Negative adjustment
- Positive adjustment
- Allocation of adjustment under IRC 755
- Case study and illustration
- Special rules
- Planning considerations
The panel will review these and other principal issues:
- Making a Section 754 election at the partnership level and understanding "inside basis" vs. "outside basis"
- Understanding the basis adjustment under Section 734(b)
- Calculating Section 734(b) adjustment on retained partnership assets
- Allocating Section 734(b) adjustment to a partnership's remaining assets
- Reporting Section 734(b)adjustments
- Planning considerations and consequences of Section 734(b) adjustments
Dina A. Wiesen
Managing Director, National Tax Office, Passthroughs
Ms. Wiesen specializes in partnership taxation, specifically the use of partnerships and limited liability companies in... | Read More
Ms. Wiesen specializes in partnership taxation, specifically the use of partnerships and limited liability companies in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and restructurings. She joined Deloitte Tax LLP’s National Tax Office from Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP where she was an associate in the Tax Department, focusing on matters relating to the taxation of financial instruments and derivatives.Close
to be announced.
Early Discount (through 09/10/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.