IRA Beneficiary Trusts and Post-Death Administration: Strategies and Tools for Implementation
Navigating RMD Issues, Income Tax and Asset Protection Elections, Establishing Sub-Share Trusts, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will focus on best practices in administering IRA beneficiary trusts. The panel will discuss ways to measure lives for required minimum distributions (RMDs), coordinate with trustees regarding estate tax related issues and with IRA custodians for payout of RMDs, establish beneficiary sub-share trusts, and meet critical deadlines.
- Advantages of IRA beneficiary trusts
- Measuring lives for RMDs
- Issues to coordinating with trustees and IRA custodians
- Beneficiary sub-share trusts
- Key deadlines
- Post-mortem checklist
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are best practices for determining the measuring lives for RMD purposes?
- How should counsel best coordinate with trustees, executors and custodians on estate tax related issues, payout of RMDs, and retitling of IRAs or qualified plans?
- What are the best practices to establish or modify beneficiaries’ sub-share trusts?
- How can estate planning counsel rectify or avoid issues pertaining to defective beneficiary designation forms, outdated trust terms or missed deadlines?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Michelle L. Ward
Keebler & Associates
Ms. Ward focuses her practice on estate and retirement distribution planning. She also analyzes trusts for designated... | Read More
Ms. Ward focuses her practice on estate and retirement distribution planning. She also analyzes trusts for designated beneficiary status, benefits, and viability of inherited IRA analysis, as well as prepares private letter ruling requests and specimen retirement planning documents. Ms. Ward has received more than 30 favorable private letter rulings and is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning.Close
Philip J. Kavesh
The Ultimate Estate Planner
Mr. Kavesh has more than 30 years of experience as an estate planning attorney. He holds a LL.M. in Tax Law and is... | Read More
Mr. Kavesh has more than 30 years of experience as an estate planning attorney. He holds a LL.M. in Tax Law and is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. He created or co-created numerous technical advances in estate planning, including the Personal Asset Trust(SM) and the IRA Inheritance Trust®. He is a frequent presenter on estate and tax law issues.Close