IPOs for Private Equity-Sponsored Companies Post-JOBS Act: Overcoming the Legal Complexities
Navigating Stockholder Arrangements, Financial Reporting and Disclosures, Corporate Governance, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE program will discuss market trends for IPOs of private equity-sponsored companies, the impact of the JOBS Act, and legal issues involved in preparing for an IPO, including stockholder arrangements, SEC and SOX financial reporting, and disclosures and corporate governance and control issues.
- Recent IPO trends for PE-sponsored portfolio companies
- JOBS Act requirements for pursuing an IPO
- Dual track IPO/auction process
- Stockholder arrangements
- SEC and SOX financial reporting and disclosures
- Corporate governance and control issues
- Management fee agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What impact has the JOBS Act IPO on-ramp had on GCSs? Change to emerging growth companies
- What advantages does a dual track IPO/auction process present for private equity sponsored companies?
- What provisions of existing stockholder agreements must be carefully vetted or restructured?
- What corporate governance challenges do PE-sponsored companies face in contemplating an IPO?
Matthew E. Kaplan
Debevoise & Plimpton
Mr. Kaplan is Co-Head of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and a member of the firm’s Banking and Private... | Read More
Mr. Kaplan is Co-Head of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and a member of the firm’s Banking and Private Equity Groups. He regularly represents issuers, private equity firms, and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and he also counsels public and private companies on disclosure, corporate governance, finance and general corporate matters.Close
Steven J. Slutzky
Debevoise & Plimpton
Mr. Slutzky is Co-Head of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and a member of the firm’s Private Equity Group.... | Read More
Mr. Slutzky is Co-Head of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and a member of the firm’s Private Equity Group. His practice focuses on securities offerings and related transactions, and he regularly represents issuers and underwriters in securities transactions including initial public offerings, high-yield debt offerings, secondary equity offerings, debt offerings, tender offers and consent solicitations and private placements. He and Mr. Kaplan co-authored Tips For An Efficient Private Equity-Backed IPO, Law360 (August 2014) and Advanced Planning for Sponsor-Backed IPOs, The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation (May 2014).Close