IP Rights in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
Protected Works, Third-Party Marks, Content Created for AR/VR, Content Created in VR
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel on intellectual property issues that arise in augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). The panel will discuss the protection of IP rights and address the use of protected works and third-party marks. The panel will also examine potential IP infringement and the liability risks as well as what steps can be taken to mitigate those risks.
- Protecting IP rights in AR and VR creations
- Patents & Design Patents
- Use of third-party IP in AR/VR
- Right of Publicity
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- If a VR user creates virtual content while using the VR system, does the user own the IP rights in his/her creation?
- How should counsel use copyright and trademark laws to protect in AR? Will augmenting trademarks create a likelihood of confusion?
- Can placement of protected IP on private property grant ownership rights in the IP to the owners of the real property?
- What are the hurdles to protecting IP in augmented and virtual worlds?
Ms. Culp works with digital media, video game, and consumer products companies to resolve their high-stakes IP... | Read More
Brian D. Wassom
Warner Norcross & Judd
Mr. Wassom litigates disputes and counsels clients in a wide range of commercial and intellectual property matters. He... | Read More
Mr. Wassom litigates disputes and counsels clients in a wide range of commercial and intellectual property matters. He focuses in matters of creative expression, commercial identity and privacy, which spans the legal doctrines of copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity rights, advertising, journalism and related fields. He has become a globally recognized thought leader in the brand-new legal issues raised by augmented reality and other cutting-edge emerging media.Close