Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act: Registration Requirements and Exemptions, Enforcement
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate counsel with a review of the statutory framework and the latest developments relating to the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (ILSFDA). The panel will discuss recent amendments, including a partial exemption for the sale of condo units, how the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and courts are addressing ILSFDA, and best practices to ensure compliance.
- ISLFDA statutory and regulatory framework
- 2015 amendment partially exempting condo developments
- The CFPB 2016 electronic filing initiative
- Legal issues with registration statements
- Exemptions and drafting pointers
- Enforcement activity
- Recent private litigation developments
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When is registration required under ILSFDA, and what are the continuing compliance requirements?
- How does the CFPB identify targets for investigation?
- What issues have not been resolved or remain ambiguous in the recent condo exemption amendment?
- How are courts addressing ILSFDA cases?
- What are the compliance options, alternatives, strategies, and pitfalls for developers under ILSFDA?
Judyann M. Lee
Ms. Lee’s real estate practice focuses primarily on issues surrounding common interest projects, including... | Read More
Ms. Lee’s real estate practice focuses primarily on issues surrounding common interest projects, including homeowners associations, commercial, residential and mixed-use condominiums, cooperatives, and timeshare resorts. She frequently represents associations after their transition to homeowner management. Ms. Lee leverages that practical operational knowledge to help clients in the formation of these associations.Close
Joseph E. Lubinski
Mr. Lubinski is a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Development and Construction team. His varied transactional... | Read More
Mr. Lubinski is a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Development and Construction team. His varied transactional real estate practice runs the life cycle of commercial development, with particular focus on real estate finance matters. Mr. Lubinski has extensive experience in the acquisition, disposition and financing of commercial properties. He is a Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and a former Chair of the Hospitality, Timesharing and Common Interest Development Group of the Real Property Trust and Estate Section of the American Bar Association, and currently serves on several standing committees for the Section.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 01/24/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 01/24/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H