International Trademarks: Monitoring, Policing Third-Party Marks, Evaluating Infringements, Pursuing Enforcement
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance for counsel to companies doing business internationally on key considerations to protect their trademarks. The panel will discuss international trademark enforcement strategies, highlighting China, Korea and Mexico, and provide guidance for navigating challenging trademark schemes.
- Determining when to take action again potential infringers
- International trademark monitoring and policing of third-party marks
- Pursuing enforcement
- Country highlights: China, Korea, Mexico
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the elements of an effective international enforcement strategy?
- What steps should counsel take to implement an effective international enforcement strategy?
- What monitoring and policing programs should be in place to protect marks in the global marketplace?
Olivia Maria Baratta
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
Ms. Baratta concentrates her practice in the areas of international and domestic brand strategy, portfolio... | Read More
Ms. Baratta concentrates her practice in the areas of international and domestic brand strategy, portfolio management, multi-jurisdictional dispute management, enforcement, social media, and domain name disputes. She serves clients in the communications, accounting, aluminum, pharmaceutical, medical device, automotive, and alcoholic beverage industries.Close
Sheila Fox Morrison
Davis Wright Tremaine
Ms. Morrison provides trademark and brand protection services with significant industry intelligence in the food and... | Read More
Ms. Morrison provides trademark and brand protection services with significant industry intelligence in the food and beverage, restaurant, healthcare, entertainment, and technology industries. Her practice provides efficient counsel to support the domestic and foreign trademark maintenance, clearance, registration, strategic brand protection and enforcement, and licensing needs of her clients.Close