Intellectual Property in Government Contracts: Negotiating, Preserving and Enforcing IP Rights
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel in preserving and protecting clients' intellectual property rights in government contracting. The panel will review best practices for counsel for negotiating the contract and will address potential government misuse of the IP and remedies.
- How the government acquires IP rights and the role of government contracts
- Negotiating IP rights in government contracts
- Practical strategies for preserving IP rights when contracting with the government
- Trade secrets
- Recent case law decisions
- Appeals of the Boeing Co. (ASBCA, Nov. 28, 2018)
- Appeals of the Boeing Co. (ASBCA, July 17, 2018)
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. (GAO, May 22, 2018)
- Government misuse and potential remedies
The panel will review these and other essential questions:
- What are the top considerations for IP counsel involved in negotiating government contracts?
- What are the key strategies to protect patents, copyrights, and other IP in government contract work?
- What remedies are available to private companies operating under a government contract if the government misuses their IP?
David S. Bloch
Mr. Bloch is an intellectual property litigator focused on helping clients understand the complex technical and legal... | Read More
Mr. Bloch is an intellectual property litigator focused on helping clients understand the complex technical and legal issues that their businesses face. He litigates patent infringement, trademark, and trade secrets cases for clients in the financial services, technology (networking), healthcare, and pharmaceutical industries. A prolific writer, Mr. Bloch is the author of IP and Technology in Government Contracts (now in its fifth edition) and many articles on IP-related issues.Close
Paul F. McQuade
Mr. McQuade focuses his practice on intellectual property law and government contracts, counseling both commercial and... | Read More
Mr. McQuade focuses his practice on intellectual property law and government contracts, counseling both commercial and federal sector clients on improving their competitive position through technology development, IP licensing, and patent procurement. He conducts due diligence in acquisitions and prepares and negotiates licensing, research and development, joint development and collaborative agreements between private parties and with government agencies. Mr. McQuade has litigated patent infringement and trade secret cases in a number of jurisdictions and has lectured and appeared in articles concerning intellectual property enforcement, data rights and software licensing.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 11/22/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 11/22/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H