Insurance Coverage for Statutory and Liquidated Damages and Attorney Fees: Policyholder and Insurer Perspectives
Advocating Coverage for Damages and Opposing Attorney Fees Under CGL, EPLI, D&O and E&O Policies
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide insurance counsel with a review of coverage for statutory and liquidated damages, as well as attorney fees for opposing counsel in individual and class action claims. The panel will discuss policy interpretation, case law developments, and best practices for arguing coverage issues under CGL, EPLI, D&O and E&O policies from insured and insurer perspectives.
- Coverage for statutory damages
- Coverage for liquidated damages
- Statutory damages
- Contractual damages
- Coverage for attorney fees
- Award pursuant to judgment
- Paid as part of settlement
- Class counsel fees in class action litigation
The panel will review these and other notable questions:
- What are the most recent case law developments regarding statutory violations for data breach and privacy claims?
- What are the insurance implications for liability to pay contractual damages?
- How do courts view coverage of opposing attorney fees, particularly in class action litigation?
Andrew L. Margulis
Ropers Majeski Kohn Bentley
Mr. Margulis handles a broad range of commercial litigation and insurance coverage matters, with an expertise in... | Read More
Mr. Margulis handles a broad range of commercial litigation and insurance coverage matters, with an expertise in D&O, professional liability and coverage litigation. He has defended and provided coverage advice in hundreds of matters involving directors and officers, insurance agents and brokers, and securities broker-dealers liability.Close
William T. Um
Jassy Vick Carolan
Mr. Um represents corporate policyholders in complex insurance coverage claims relating to class actions, media... | Read More
Mr. Um represents corporate policyholders in complex insurance coverage claims relating to class actions, media liability, IP disputes, data breach and privacy issues, directors and officers liability, and environmental and toxic tort matters. He also handles business litigation matters involving complex commercial contracts, fraud and misrepresentation claims, and unfair competition practices.Close