Information Sharing by Healthcare Collaborations: Managing Antitrust Risk
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel on antitrust violations that can arise when competitors share information either related to a partnership through a joint venture, accountable care organizations (ACO) or merger. The panel will offer insights and guidance on the limitations of exchanging information and managing the antitrust risk.
- The context for information exchanges in the healthcare sector
- Antitrust issues raised by information exchanges
- Factors impacting antitrust rusk and how to identify high-risk situations
- Antitrust agency guidance and possible exemptions and "safety zones"
- Practical guidance for managing the antitrust risk
- Analyzing some common information exchange scenarios
The panel will review these and other critical questions:
- What are the limitations on exchanging information? What activities should competitive collaborators avoid?
- What guidance do enforcement agencies provide for information sharing in the healthcare sector?
- What safeguards should companies implement to ensure information sharing will not violate antitrust law?
Robert F. Leibenluft
Hogan Lovells US
Mr. Leibenluft's practice is devoted entirely to health and antitrust matters, including counseling and litigation... | Read More
Mr. Leibenluft's practice is devoted entirely to health and antitrust matters, including counseling and litigation regarding antitrust issues involving hospitals, physicians, and health plans. He has worked as an attorney advisor in the FTC's Office of Policy Planning, concentrating on health and antitrust matters, and as Assistant Director for Health Care in the FTC's Bureau of Competition.Close
Leigh L. Oliver
Hogan Lovells US
Ms. Oliver's practice is devoted to antitrust law, including counseling and litigation on a wide range of legal and... | Read More
Ms. Oliver's practice is devoted to antitrust law, including counseling and litigation on a wide range of legal and policy issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and competitor collaborations under federal and state antitrust laws. She has extensive experience working on government investigations into prospective and post-consummated mergers and acquisitions, coordinating all aspects of multi-jurisdictional merger reviews and investigations, and handling non-merger government investigations.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/03/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 05/03/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H