Impeachment Evidence in Personal Injury: Overcoming Admissibility Issues with Surveillance, Social Media, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss best practices for counsel to use impeachment evidence at a personal injury trial. In situations where a potential piece of evidence is irrelevant until the trial is underway, attorneys must be confident about bringing evidence before the judge while minimizing its chances of exclusion.
- Using the rules of evidence to get the "good stuff" into evidence, and exclude or effectively deal with the "bad stuff"
- Discussion on how to use focus groups to decide what evidence you need and how to use it to win
- Tips on using evidence to prove proximate cause
- Admitting evidence at trial
- Using medical evidence from treating doctors at trial
- Discussion of social media evidence, including its dangers
- Effective use of evidence in vehicular cases
- Evidentiary tips for cases involving municipal defendants
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What do the federal rules say concerning using previously undisclosed evidence at trial?
- What are common types of impeachment evidence that become relevant at trial?
- What are the typical admissibility issues that attorneys face when requesting admission of impeachment evidence?
- What are the best practices for counsel to posture impeachment evidence for admission at trial?
Mr. Blitz focuses on litigating all types of civil cases from inception to resolution. An experienced trial lawyer and... | Read More
Mr. Blitz focuses on litigating all types of civil cases from inception to resolution. An experienced trial lawyer and skillful negotiator, Mr. Blitz litigates a wide variety of civil suits with an emphasis on motor vehicle collisions, negligent security, municipal liability, medical malpractice, labor law, negligent supervision and all types of premises liability.Close
Fredrick A. Schulman
Mr. Schulman has over two decades of experience representing victims of all types of accidents and has a successful... | Read More
Mr. Schulman has over two decades of experience representing victims of all types of accidents and has a successful record of obtaining substantial awards and settlements for his clients. Throughout his career, he has focused exclusively on the representation of victims of accidents in all types of negligence cases. Mr. Schulman has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for people who have been injured due to the negligence of others.Close