Hotel Management Agreements: Navigating Fees, Exclusivity, Approval Rights, Finance Provisions, Brand Management
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will cover topics of central importance to counsel preparing or reviewing hotel management agreements from a range of perspectives--whether as counsel to the owner, operator, lender, or potential acquirer.
- The base fee, the incentive fees, and all those other charges
- Key money
- Financing: lender hot buttons
- Approval rights every owner should have
- Performance tests: make it meaningful
- The brand management agreement: technical services and pre-opening agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can counsel best balance incentives for owners and operators?
- How are the fees structured to achieve the objectives of both parties?
- How do counsel for lenders think through management agreement risks?
- What kinds of criteria are most relevant for gauging performance?
- How might one-off purchasers and portfolio purchasers in leveraged buyouts conduct due diligence of in-place hotel management agreements?
Albert J. Pucciarelli
McElroy Deutsch Mulvaney & Carpenter
Mr. Pucciarelli is chair of his law firm’s hospitality and aviation practice groups. He has extensive... | Read More
Mr. Pucciarelli is chair of his law firm’s hospitality and aviation practice groups. He has extensive experience in hotel and resort development Mr. Pucciarelli’s clients include hotel chains and owners in all industry market segments in the U.S. and internationally. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Skytop Lodge Corporation. He previously was Executive Vice President and General Counsel and member of the Board of Directors of Inter-Continental Hotels. Mr. Pucciarelli has served as chair of the Hospitality Law Bar Association. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Hotel, Restaurant and Travel Management Program at Cheyney University and has taught International Business Law at the Fordham University Graduate Business School. Mr. Pucciarelli has written extensively and participated in many professional seminars on the subject of hotel management and franchise agreements. He speaks Russian and is a commercial instrument-rated pilot and aircraft owner.Close
General Counsel, Asia Pacific
Radisson Hotel Group, Asia Pacific
Ms. Menon oversees all legal matters and issues of corporate governance in Asia Pacific, including advising on... | Read More
Ms. Menon oversees all legal matters and issues of corporate governance in Asia Pacific, including advising on investment and development projects, handling real estate and hotel management matters, including leases, local regulatory framework and permits, and managing all areas of employment law. With well over a decade of experience as a legal advisor, Ms. Menon has concluded multiple major deals, including mergers, asset sales, private equity transactions and more. In the hospitality industry, she has been involved with numerous projects, including management agreements, cross-border joint ventures and licensing contracts across South-East Asia Pacific and South Asia, including Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, and Thailand.Close