Healthcare Reform Compliance for Employee Benefits: Required Plan Changes, Limiting Exposure, Transparency Rules
ACA Rules and Regulations Updates, Recent State Insurance Mandates, Pay or Play, PCORI Fees, Other ACA Taxes and Fees
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide ERISA counsel, plan sponsors, and administrators on critical issues and requirements stemming from recent healthcare reform impacting employee benefits. The panel will discuss updates regarding ACA rules and regulations, recent state insurance mandates, necessary plan changes, compliance issues for pay or play, new proposed transparency in coverage and model notice rules, and other critical challenges for ensuring compliance with healthcare reform for employee benefit plans.
- Updates to ACA rules and regulations
- State insurance mandates and recent regulations
- Necessary plan modifications in light of healthcare reform
- New transparency in coverage and model notice rules
- Best practices to ensure compliance for employers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How does healthcare reform impact health and welfare benefit plans?
- What are the most recent updates to the ACA rules and regulations?
- What are the recent state insurance mandates and regulations?
- What changes or modifications must be made in light of new and proposed rules and regulations?
- What are the new transparency rules and their impact on plan design and implementation?
- What steps must be taken to overcome compliance issues and avoid penalties and litigation?
Laura Miller Andrew
Smith Gambrell & Russell
Ms. Andrew advises clients in all major aspects of employee benefits including qualified and nonqualified plans, IRS... | Read More
Ms. Andrew advises clients in all major aspects of employee benefits including qualified and nonqualified plans, IRS and DOL compliance matters, merger and acquisition issues, executive compensation, and employment agreements. She also concentrates her practice in health care related matters, including health care reform legislation, compliance with HIPAA, federal and state health care anti-fraud laws, such as anti-kickback statute, and Stark Law. Ms. Andrew also advises nursing homes, assisted living facilities, medical device, and life sciences organizations regarding compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.Close
The Wagner Law Group
Ms. Delano concentrates her practice in employee benefits law, executive compensation and taxation. She counsels... | Read More
Ms. Delano concentrates her practice in employee benefits law, executive compensation and taxation. She counsels clients on all aspects of employee benefits design, implementation, termination, and compliance for retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and executive and incentive compensation arrangements. In the process, Ms. Delano focuses on comprehensive, practical and innovative employee benefits solutions for all types of employersClose