Healthcare Board of Directors: Meeting Governance and Compliance Challenges
Minimizing Breach of Fiduciary Duty Risks Amid Heightened Government Scrutiny
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to healthcare boards of directors to navigate increased government and shareholder scrutiny of healthcare board governance. The panel will offer compliance strategies for healthcare boards to minimize liability.
- Indicators that healthcare board may be ineffective
- Evolving law of fiduciary duty
- Governance and compliance best practices
- Procedures to discourage fraud and misbehavior
- Risk management policies
- Risk assessment
- Budgeting for internal controls and compliance monitoring
- D&O insurance and indemnification arrangements
- The future of board governance
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What fiduciary duties of healthcare board directors are most significant in an environment of heightened regulatory enforcement?
- What best practices should counsel recommend when advising healthcare boards on minimizing risk vulnerabilities?
- What protection does the business judgment rule presumption provide to directors and officers?
Barnes & Thornburg
Ms. Delgado’s experience includes the representation of healthcare providers, including hospitals, health... | Read More
Ms. Delgado’s experience includes the representation of healthcare providers, including hospitals, health systems, and group medical practices. Her efforts have included representing these entities in M&As, structuring joint ventures, negotiating and drafting business contracts, drafting and implementing compliance plans, and providing legal opinions regarding tax-exempt status, fraud and abuse statute, self-referral and Stark implications of hospital-physician relationships.Close
Robert C. Threlkeld
Morris Manning & Martin
Mr. Threlkeld has substantial experience in Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse matters, managed care disputes,... | Read More
Mr. Threlkeld has substantial experience in Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse matters, managed care disputes, false claims and whistleblower cases, certificate of need matters, licensure and medical staff disputes. He represents hospital systems, physician practice groups and other healthcare providers in a range of regulatory matters, and regulatory and business disputes.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Video